Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Stagehand Work: Life is Beautiful

This is a picture of the main stage of Life is Beautiful 2014 being built. I am currently working on call with a staging company that gets hired to build stages and work events and Life is Beautiful just happened to be one of them. This job was about a 9 hour day to unload and set up all the equipment.

My position at this job is a stagehand and as such, I get work in a lot of different areas of stage set up. During this job, I had to help unload all of the equipment cases out of the trucks. This portion of the job took up about 2 hours to get everything out and sorted where it needed to go.

On this particular day, I was mostly helping set up the audio equipment. After having unloaded all the speakers, we had to push them to the end of the stage to get them into position to be set up. The speakers were stacked by 4 and there were about 10 speakers to an line array.

Another thing I had to do, was run the power cables for some equipment. All the cable had to be run under the stage and there was a lot of work to do to keep it organized. Once the speakers were up and the cables were run, I, along with other workers, had to clean the stage to make it ready for the next day performers.

All in all, the job was exhausting but it's not something I had never done before. It was really interesting to see how much goes into building a stage that was as big as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment