Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Field Sound Recording: Life is Beautiful

This picture was taken of me on top of the Western Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. This was a job I did for Fremont East Studio at the 2014 Life is Beautiful festival. My job was to capture the sound of a host that was covering the events happening at Life is Beautiful.

This was my second time doing this particular job. I had done the same thing a year before for the 2013 LIB festival. My second time around though, I had already had more experience doing this type of work.

The job was for all 3 days of the festival and I was working along side a director, cameraman, and the host. My job was to get clean audio of the host while she went around and described different attractions in the festival and interviewed and interacted with people. The recorder I was using a 702 Sound Devices field recorder, the microphones I used were a Shure wireless handheld for the host and a Senheisser ME66 on a boom pole to get more of the ambience sounds.

The job wasn't difficult but what did make it challenging was that it was an all day event. We didn't get much breaks except for lunch and having to wait on standby but besides that it was work all day. It was physically demanding having to care the gear around everywhere and during the day, the heat made it much harder. However, I enjoyed being part of the production because it gave me some experience and was also lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment